Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reading

I believe if you want to be a writer you must first be a reader. Reading is my favorite pasttime. This week I've read:
 Dr. Mary's Monkey by Edward T. Haslam, a detailed saga of the CIA's attempt to create a lethal virus that would kill Castro; Lee Harvey Oswald's involvement; Dr. Alton Ocshner, distinguished surgeon, and his involvement. The setting is New Orleans, so that made it specially interesting for me.
On The Run--selected by the Ponchatoula Library Book Club, by Iris Johansen, a thriller about a mother and daughter hiding from a relentless killer.
Re-read Right as Rain by Bev Marshall, the story of two different Southern women both driven by a passionate determination to give their children a better life.
Secuestro-that's my own book coming out Nov. 1st--and I'm reading the proof copy. Can't just skim over the words, have to check each and every one -- tedious!
When do I find time? Oh, you know, midnight to 2 a.m. It's quiet then, and I don't need much sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment