Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Do I Have To Read This AGAIN?!

Pohainake Parish is finally at the publishers, after proofing the galleys five times. The first proof had hundreds of mistakes (my fault, I sent in the wrong version instead of the last, corrected one.) The second  mistakes were mostly capitalization and punctuation errors. The third had only 25 such as eminent instead of imminent. The fourth had 10. The fifth had two and that was it! Five different people read the proof copies, and each time one of them found something the other had missed. Blinded by my brilliant prose, I overlooked almost all mistakes. My dear friend Pattie typed and retyped, patiently correcting each error, checking and double-checking (were instead of was? mic or mike?), never losing her cool or telling me to go fly a kite. Thanks also to Mary, Joan, Lee, Carli and Margaret for their time and editing skills.  I'm so sick of Pohainake Parish, I'll probably never read it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment