Thursday, February 5, 2015

Not For Profit

Feb. 5 - Getting a book printed and ready for sale, is a much more ardurous enterprise than selling a house which I did for many years. Maybe it's because the house belongs to somebody else, and you're not emotionally involved with it (exccpt for the paycheck!) My latest book, Pohainake Parish, (which nobody can figure out to pronounce, and I don't really care, call it whatever makes you happy) was proofed by 4 sets of eyes (that's 8 altogether). What one person missed, another caught. Now it's at the publisher's who will print more proof copies (galleys, they call them, I can't figure out why) send them back, and we'll have to reread the whole thing one more time before the final printing. We'll have to sell 100,000 books to make one real estate commission. So truly, for amateurs like me writing is a work of love, not profit!

No comments:

Post a Comment